Monday, May 10, 2010

MDT dynamics

What happened?

I had been working with a patient, who was admitted from home after having a fall and came into hospital with a UTI.

I had completed a SAP with her, and reviewed her pre and current occ performance and decided to see her after the weekend to organise a h/v due to her hx of falls and her decline in mobility.

I had documented this in the notes and then attended the MDT mtg on Monday. When the doctor talked about this patient he really had no idea about this patient (her background, falls hx, and how she was managing).

He said I think we need to look at rehab for this lady. I spoke up by saying “I don’t think she is far off her baseline/preadmission occ performance I mentioned that I had planned to do a home visit with this patient early week to assess her safety at home.. But I was not listened to. The doctor asked the “us” (looking at the PT) to review her ?appropriate for rehab.

The next day, I reviewed the notes and the PT had not analysed the plan. i.e. had not mentioned if she was appropriate or not for rehab. I asked the PT how her session went with the patient.

She replied “you were right she is much better this week, probably not appropriate for rehab as yes I think this is how she was before she came in”. I wondered to myself – well why didn’t you document that.

I documented the discussion and met with the patient to get her perspective of being ready for going home, she agreed she was ready and also gave consent for a f/u home visit one day post to ensure she was in a safe environment.

My reflection on this:

I felt I wasn’t being listened to in the MDT with regards to the OT perspective and plan.

I realise one of my roles is “discharge planner” however, I felt in this situation that I was the co-ordinator between PT, and OT – almost summarising the input and sorting the plan for discharge. I felt like I was going over and beyond to sort this lady out – for a few reasons

The medical team didn’t listen to me re: my input and plans from OT perspective

The PT’s analysis wasn’t clear.

How could I have dealt with this better? What will I do next time?

I could have asked the PT to document her view of ?appropriate for rehab as asked in the MDT, however I think it was still appropriate to document that we had that discussion.

I could have talked to the medical team post MDT re: the OT plan

I could have provided feedback to the MDT i.e. The OT and PT had been working with the patient, and that if we felt necessary we would talk to them about rehab appropriateness.

Basically I wanted to say that I felt undermined and that my input was irrelevant – Maybe I should have said that to the Dr/Consultant – knowing that perhaps that could have had a negative impact on OT

7 comments:

Glennie9654 said...

大奶妹貼圖區0204性影片觀賞露點自拍淫婦女生如何自慰色情站成人笑話av激情網愛視訊美女淫蕩av成人色情電話辣妹視訊聊天性關係情色vcd自慰圖淫美成人論壇台灣色情論壇成人聊天室自拍裸女貼圖視訊成人免費a片影片av成人網成人色情色情台灣辣妹小穴太太陰毛色情訊息裸女自拍色情影片a片論壇性愛技巧美女脫胸罩情色天堂av寫真色情視訊聊天做愛視訊成人影片床上戲情色聊天網火辣情色台灣女優性愛秘笈台灣av女優手淫自慰影片

裕以 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical.........................................

裕以 said...

亞洲東洋影片go2av 18美女成人網 UT視訊美女交友 A片 - A片-情色網 免費視訊聊天fairy 情人080百分百成人圖片 影音聊天fm358 美女交友artdab 熟女人影片 制服淫窟 嘟嘟情人色網 utshow 視訊聊天 獸皇影片分享區 104av成人音影城 後宮視訊交友 sex520貼片,日本av女優,色美眉,sex,成人 免費線上影片觀看 洪爺護士免費 aa 片 173liveshow 視訊美女 0401成人聊天室 utobe影片 hichannel免費影視 情色視訊影音聊天 人之初貼圖區 plus論壇玩美女人影音秀 85cc情人影城 UT影音視訊聊天室 援交友留言 avonline免費a片 85cc免費av影片 情色免費成人avdvd電影 A片-殺很大 檳榔西施摸奶圖片 成人情色,性愛自拍 亞洲藝人情人視訊網 fdz論壇 情人視訊網 d736 uthome 視訊聊天室 sex888入口情色小遊戲 後宮 視訊聊天 免費視訊辣妹情人視訊網 kk俱樂部wmti 無碼dvd一本道a片 視訊美女 視訊ggo 素人自拍et免費影片下載 hilive-免費視訊 a383girl影音 45avdvd免費影片 免費視訊聊天fm358

怡君 said...

很棒的分享~祝福你........................................

志其志其 said...

you two make a lovely couple............................................................

tyroneb said...

很棒的分享~留言支持! .........................................

靖福 said...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤......................................................................